| The lands of the current neighborhood called themselves La Calera, since there an establishment dedicated to the extraction of lime existed, material with which the first churches of the city were built. They baptized him with the name of Belgrano, in the creator's of the Flag honor. In 1880, and for space of some months, the national government chose to the town of Belgrano like temporary capital of the Republic. In 1883, due to their strong economic, social growth, edilicio and technician, city was declared. Between other many personalities of the culture and the art, they lived in Belgrano José Hernández, Alfonsina Storni, Ernesto Sábato, Manuel Mujica Láinez, Roberto Arlt, Nicolás Hazel grove and others.
The neighborhood is divided in three very defined areas and of characteristic completely different: Under Belgrano, Central Belgrano and Belgrano R. The first area, nearer to the river and the Race track, it arrives from the station Belgrano "C" of the Railroad Mitre until the Av. Figueroa Alcorta. Belgrano Power station has the noisy and active avenue Town council, where numerous commercial centers work, sweet shops, cinemas and other esparcimiento places, with a very important movement that is prolonged until the last hours of the night.
Belgrano "R" is more select. There is the station of the same name (Brunch "R"), and in him they still last the traditional "petit - hotels" and big residences construídas in style anglo sajón, surrounded of leafy trees and gardens that give to the place a very elegant style.
Speaking of the "heart" of Belgrano, we cannot stop to point out to the street Oath, in the one that, in their main blocks, the art, the history and the faith cohabit.
The faith represented by the Immaculate Concepción's Church, well-known as "The Round" one, for the characteristic of their plant to circulate of style Greek-Roman classic. It is enhanced even more the beauty of this church, because it is located in a green mark that is the square Belgrano, surrounded by the recova of the vicaría, old, wide and attractive colonial house.