Turismo en Argentina
Buscar alojamientos, excursiones ,etc
Información de Argentina
 
   La Boca
   San Telmo
   Monserrat
   San Nicolás
   Retiro 
   Recoleta
   Balvanera
   Puerto Madero
   Palermo
   Belgrano
   Flores
   Mataderos
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
The Recoleta
Monumento a Torcuato de Alvear

 

Iglesia del Pilar

 

Bar La Biela

 

Escultura de Botero en el Parque Thays

 

Pórtico del cementerio de La Recoleta

 

Centro Municipal recoleta

 

Palais de Glace

 

Monumento donado por la república Francesa en el centenario de 1910

 

Monumento a Gral. Carlos Alvear

 

Vista aerea de Av. del Libertador y Facultad de abogacia

 

Monumento a Bartolomé Mitre
 
It visits to the center of cultural activities and nucleus of elegant trade, restaurants, sweet shops and attractiveness pedestrian walk.
It is a pedestrian journey of 2 hours. For every day. On Mondays are closed the museums. The weekends it is very converged and will see the handmade fair. There is parking under the square and in the Buenos Aires Center Design.
 
The neighborhood of The Recoleta, originally area outside of the city, called itself Big Mounts and it was refuge of malefactors that hid in their zanjones and tunales, transforming it into an impassable place. In 1716 it settled a chapel and a rudimentary Franciscan convent, until their definitive construction in 1730. Recoleta means retirement place. It was characteristic of the religious orders, Franciscan and of the Dominican Republic, to possess a convent in the heart of the city and another in outside, for the retirement practices and view. To these retired convents they were called recoletas and to their friars, recoletos or of gathering. Toward 1770 the appearance was regularized from the rural estates to the north of the current square San Martin; it was made in angle of 45° regarding the original appearance prepared by Garay in the South Neighborhood. It was chacras area united by a road irregular call Remains silent Long, current Av. Quintana.
The river arrived until the border of the ravine, covering the lands where the current museum of Bellas Artes are today.
The urban remodeling of Recoleta beginning in 1830 with the opening of the Av. Callao like on the way to circumvallation of the urban perimeter it arrived until the height of Quintana; in their origins it was called it to him Coffee of the Tunas.
With the epidemics of 1871, of cholera and yellow fever, they moved the richest families in their residences of the south toward the north and left populating the area. The definitive consolidation is the intendant's work Torcuato of Alvear who traced in 1885 the Av. Alvear, built quickly with magnificent palaces.
Using the earth of the excavations of the Port Madero , they were stuffing the First floor and transforming it into squares and park, to transform it in the most elegant area in the city.
Behind the church of Recoleta, toward Av. Pueyrredón, was the corrals, slaughterhouses and the one on the way to the carts toward the north, what attracted an orilleros population, peons and matonaje housed in the groceries. In this atmosphere it is where it is said the tango was born, among tenancies and coffees danced in Liberator's Armenonville and Tagle in 1888; then also in the Palais of Glace.

The Walk leaves from Av. Quintana and Callao. Walking toward the square, when arriving in Ayacucho an area of trade is crossed with the most elegant fashion, decoration houses and jewelery shops. Forward leave the perspective of the Pilar's church and the Square of the Recoleta.

To the left of the church, the Cemetery of The Recoleta and to the right to the right of the church visits the Cultural Center Recoleta.

As continuation of the walk, lowering the ravine for the circular ramp, it will go entering in a full atmosphere in ways and colors it is the Buenos Aires Center Design.

Leaving again to the square and lowering the ravine, it will find the Handmade Fair, organized by the Museum of the City that works every weekend and the holiday days. In a sequence of small positions, the urban artisans expose their objects - that embrace accessories for the woman of excellent invoice and delicate designs -, also beautiful ceramic pieces in different technical and the whole range of pieces and loom garments.
With an imagination unfolding and coloring, this fair goes taking until the monument to Torcuto of Alvear

To the front, the distinguished Av. Alvear, with their palaces and trade (to see Walks Av. Alvear and The Palacios). Crossing the avenue is the Square San Martin of Tours, of great slope that is natural amphitheater. The rubber of the high part, with trunk forming caverns, of great height and diameter, believe a strange atmosphere in ways and shades, in contrast with the elegant buildings that surround it.

In this amphitheater they are carried out different shows outdoors; it is the delight of the game of the children.

On the Posed street the Palais of Glace is and to its side, the Monument to the Brigadier Gral. Carlos M of Alvear.

Of the other side of the Av. Figueroa Alcorta, for the right, the Municipal Pavilion of Exhibitions and to their right, is the Park Carlos Thays.

Continuing the journey for the Square Intendant Alvear among palms, drunk sticks and tipas, you arrives to the Av. Pueyrredón.

To the right, to both sides, two sculptures of Bourdelle; that of the right is The Hercules Archer and that of the left The Last Centaur, both in brass.

Crossing Pueyrredón you arrives at the Square France among big rubber, palms, bananas, tipas and other species. In the center, on a platform, the Monument of France to the Argentina.

Crossing the Av. Liberator, to the front is the National Museum of Bellas Artes.

Leaving the museum, in address to the river and crossing the Av. Figueroa Alcorta, is the imposing figure of the university of Laws , with a piazza of big dimensions. It is distinguished the pedestrian bridge that crosses the avenue, with a sheet of armed concrete of great simplicity and beauty.

Walking for The Square of the Museum, with beautiful groves and infantile games, some sculptures go creating poles of attraction and different microclimates. Beside the museum, by Figueroa Alcorta, the Argentinean sculptor's contemporary metal work Enio lommi. Later on you arrives to a sector where, around a great pond, they meet the weekends the fans, with their ships to remote control, in a spontaneous exhibition of nautical qualities. Near the Av. Liberator two sculptures in brass, The Harvester and The Sower, the Belgian sculptor's two beautiful works Constantin Maunier.

Crossing the Liberator's Av. is the Square Mitre that opens up to discover the Monument to Bartolomé Mitre with beautiful ravines and leafy trees.

Behind the monument, as continuity of the ascent among beautiful trees and passing next to the British Embassy, it will arrive to the plazoleta with bust of the Gral. Gelly and Obes, highlighted in the Guerra from the Paraguay. Surrounded of modern buildings of very exclusive departments, it is the focus starting from which leave different streets and avenues.

To the left, the perrons toward the Av. Pueyrredón, with beautiful balustrades and sculptures, has as bottom the vaults of the cemetery of the Recoleta. Toward the right, the building of the National Library.

From here it can be connected with the Walk to small Palermo.
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723