Turismo en Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Alta Gracia
 
   Alta Gracia
   Capilla del Monte
   Córdoba
   Cosquín 
   Embalse
   Jesus María
   La Cumbre
   La Cumbrecita
   La Falda
   Mina Clavero
   Nono
   Río Ceballos
   Río Cuarto
   Santa Rosa
   Villa Carlos Paz
   Villa Cura Brochero
   Villa del Dique
   Villa General Belgrano
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
City tour in Alta Gracia
Residencia Jesuítica

 

 

Circuito arquitectonico

 

 

 

 

 

 

Museo Ernesto

 

 

Museo Manuel de Falla

 

 

Sierras Hotel

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reloj Público

 

A walk for the city of Alta Gracia in it donates an old complex Jesuit, the house it can visit one another in that passed their childhood and adolescence the famous Che"Guevara" and the house where their last years I pass the Spanish musician Manuel de Falla

 

Entering for Av. General Liberator San Martin, and after crossing the roads of the railroad, Belgrano continue for Av.. Si sigue 400 m más hallará el conjunto monumental más importante de la ciudad. It can park next to the square to travel him.

 

The Church (MHN)

 

Today is Parochial Church Our Mrs. of the Merced . It possesses an only ship with cruise crowned by a dome sustained in a curved wall that one observes from the exterior: it is the only example with this characteristic in the Argentinean colonial architecture. It has a Baroque facade without towers steeple, standing out the dome for their harmonic lines. From the interior of the patio of the residence you leave the reed-mace, one of whose bells are dated in 1879.

To the side and forming a group with the church is the Jesuit Residence (MHN)

 

Facing the residence and The Tajamar is to the other side of the avenue.

 

The Tajamar

 

It works hydraulics built by the Jesuit for tecnificar the productive process, it acted like reservoir of the water coming from the stream The Walls going to vegetable gardens and mill. Today is a serene place located in the central area. In their southeast corner the one rises Public clock.

 

Public clock

 

This nonpareil architectural work is today is a symbol of Alta Gracia. The clock tower was built in commemoration of the 350 0 anniversary of the city.
The imposing Tower, 24 meters high, can be visited on daily guided tours.

The ascent consists of three levels, in the first two you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city and the mountains, and while arriving at the third level one has access to the electric machine of the clock of four spheres, with a brass bell.
It shows in their design the different moments of the evolution of the city and their social actors.

Today is headquarters of the Municipal Address of Tourism.

 

To continue the visit in car to make one traveled by the city. Continuing for avenues Sáenz Rock and Sarmiento arrives to the high part of the city. It is recommended to travel the Villa Carlos Pellegrini

 

Architectural circuit

 

In the area of The High one (neighborhood Carlos Pellegrini) houses of English style exist, with iron cresterías, foil roofs and wooden borders that were built by English capitals at the end of the XIX century, as those of street Hazel grove. Of having elaborated romanticism and French influence, they possess very inclined roofs of zinc, galleries opened up in the facade, with one or two bodies that limit them. Conforming a combined tipológico of style English funcionalista, some of eclectic style and others of French marsand, the large houses of the street Deán Funes offers an unbeatable architectural wealth.

 

Following the journey for L.N. Alem, boulevard Pellegrini and Hazel grove will find chalets built by G. Franchini, real estate promoter, standing out the former hotel Oberá , the house Ernesto "Che" Guevara .

 

Museum Ernesto "Che" Guevara

 

The family Guevara arrived to Alta Gracia in 1932, looking for a place of healthy climate that helps its small son Ernesto, only four years old, who suffered of asthma. During their stay in the city, they occupied other housings possibly, but it was Villa Nydia the one that they considered as their home, at the moment transformed into museum that remembers to one of the most important characters in the contemporary history. Adoptive son of this earth, where carried out their primary studies and it forged friendships that would last all their life. The museum has today several rooms, where they are reflected each one of the stages of its life, mainly its more unknown aspects.

 

Continuing the walk this the hospital rail , several housings and the former Mountains Hotel .

 

Mountains Hotel

 

Inaugurated in 1907, it was the first Hotel Casino of Argentina, of similar characteristic to a hotel of Calcutta, India . It leaves of the great tourist history of the country, the old Mountains Hotel harbor extraordinary visitors' memories.

 

Built in 1908 and their casino in 1912, with a location privileged, good views, rooms that open up to galleries toward the gardens and golf field, were the generator of the social life. Today is closed and in state of abandonment, but it can traffic for its gardens.

 

From the street intersection Larreta and TO, Sarmiento, signalled with the statue of a native, will have beautiful panoramics of the mountains. Ascend for Av. Sarmiento to the Museum Manuel de Falla

 

Museum Manuel de Falla

 

Who was the most outstanding contemporary Spanish composer, it arrived to Alta Gracia, for the kindness of the climate, in 1942, where it resided until their death in 1946. The chalet The Espinillos, where lived, has become a museum where personal objects are exhibited, books, furniture, gears, china, correspondence and pictures, besides hand written and printed scores; surrounded of an atmosphere that recreates the brilliant musician's life.

Among their work they are reminded "The love sorcerer", "The hat of three picks" and "The altarpiece of Maese especially Pedro." In 1956 the provincial government condemned house and he opened it as museum in 1970 exposing the musician's belongings. It is exceptional the view of the mountains from the lateral balcony, to guinea pig, foot is a small amphitheater outdoors for recitals.

 

In front of the house of Manuel de Falla it will find the access to the one Golf Club that characterizes another moment of bloom of the high one, occupation that dates of the decade of the 30 and in the one that constructions neocoloniales stand out.

 

Return to Av. Sarmiento, continue for this ascending to the mountains toward the Grotto; crossing the stream next to the spa The Pipe.

 

Museum of the City

 

High Grace has a space that makes honor to its extensive history. This museum takes Juan's name Félix Cafferata, distinguished neighbor who occupied in different opportunities representations like National Deputy. Toward 1990, this significant house of ends of the XIX century was acquired to be dedicated to Museum of the City and House of the Culture. Today their rooms harbor the synthesis of the history of the city and artistic manifestations, through samples storms.

 

Follow 1,5 km until concluding the pavement and there enter to their right for a stone portal to the Sanctuary of Our Mrs. of Lourdes

 

Sanctuary of Our Mrs. of Lourdes

 

Dug in the rock, in lands donated by Mrs. G. Achával Rodríguez the 1917, concentrates infinity of faithful, being massive the pilgrimage of the month of February. The sanctuary, in hands of the Carmelite Parents, offers the services to receive the parishioners: covered parking, santería, restaurant.

 

Return to the access portal and continue to their right about 2 kms for on the way to earth for it arrives to The Walls.

 

The Walls

 

They complete the group of the Stay, two constructions, at short distance of the center. The Burner that was a place used by the Jesuit to produce calcareous stone for their constructions and The Walls that are stone walls lifted to different heights of the stream, to store water to use during the dry seasons. They can only visit one another the first one and the second.

 

It will observe a stone arch there on the road that crosses to their right and I laugh damming their waters. It dates of the Jesuit time in that it acted as leveling dike of The Tajamar is integrated to other four similar that they are entering to the reservation echo logic and that they are not in equal conservation state, at the present time it is a spa that doesn't have infrastructure.

 

Where to House

 

The hotelería this dispersed one; although it is not of great category, it offers the enough comforts.

 

Where to eat

 

It will find local concentrated in different points: in the access round, in Av. Liberator San Martin near Regional Hospital , sweet shops on Belgrano remain silent, near the square and in the vicinity of the Terminal of Bus.

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723