A km is ahead wing square it arrives, where a kiosk of tourist reports works. In front of this is the historical chapel that was built after 1671 when gift Alonso Luján Medina bought the stay San Marcos and it planted the first ones fruit-bearing. It was remodeled in 1734 and it conserves San Marcos ' primitive images, the Rosario 's Virgin and the Nazareno, all wooden policromada.
Next to the chapel it is on foot the hill of The Cruz,accesible for a path that is born to 150 m of the square and from where there are a beautiful view of the town and the vegetable gardens of the valley. To 200 m of the square it will arrive at the river San Marcos ; going back will find it the camping site The Gulch with pool and appropriate infrastructure. From here it can begin a walk to The Taking, following a paved canal, and to the old mill.
Crossing the river San Marcos and near the square it arrives to a campings area, bungalows and other services. The community that San Marcos inhabits, increased with groups hippies, it is composed by lovers of the life in the nature that are devoted to work the earth, to the handmade elaboration of sweet and preserves, and fundamentally to the production of honey of excellent quality; he doesn't stop to prove it. It is an ideal place for those who want to move away from the noise of the cities and to make healthy life.
In summer it is visited by backpackers' infinity and in the first days of February is carried out the Festival of the Honey.