Turismo en Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Río Cuarto - Córdoba
 
   Alta Gracia
   Capilla del Monte
   Córdoba
   Cosquín 
   Embalse
   Jesus María
   La Cumbre
   La Cumbrecita
   La Falda
   Mina Clavero
   Nono
   Río Ceballos
   Río Cuarto
   Santa Rosa
   Villa Carlos Paz
   Villa Cura Brochero
   Villa del Dique
   Villa General Belgrano
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
Villa María and San Francisco for RN158

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The route crosses an area of intensive agricultural activity that links the three more important Cordovan cities after the capital: I Laugh Room, Villa María and San Francisco .

They are 297 km of paved highway, with supply of fuel in Villa María. It is a quick route with high density of heavy traffic, in particular at night, for what caution is recommended.

 

From Río Cuarto (km 0),. The RN 158 run parallel to the road of the railroad and it crosses an area of intensive agricultural activity that stands out for their production oil bottle, with factories in General Deheza and General Goatherd. In the km 98 connect with RP6 that, to the left, it drives to Río Tercero ( 72 km ) and toward the right it communicates with RP4 in The Lagoon. In km 137 will arrive to Villa María

 

Villa María

 

Departmental head and the most important city in the Sector, you continues in the south riverbank of the river with the city of New Villa , with 13.890 inhabitants.

Located in a crossing of roads and rail knot and located in the riverbanks of the río Tercero, concentrates administrative, commercial functions and of services. It is between two the pivot important axes viales: San Francisco to Río Cuarto and Córdoba to Rosario and Buenos Aires . To be in full area pampeana, their economy is linked with the agricultural activity and the milky industry.

Villa María was founded in 1867 by Manuel Ocampo like part of the action low colonizadora the impulse of the Argentinean Central railroad, in lands of the post in passing of Ferreyra. Their name remembers to the founder's daughter. The rail station became center of the commercial traffic toward the north and west of the country and the urban nucleus grew quickly with the contribution of immigrants.

The city of New Villa , of uncertain origin, arose much before, around 1826, in lands donated by the family Carranza to erect a church in honor of the Rosario 's Virgin. Headquarters of the Municipality that administered the region up to 1883, was when Villa María obtained this hierarchy. The usual ones grown of the río Tercero and the possibilities that it offered the railroad made that Villa María began her economic development, sinking to New Villa in a certain setback, with an image that at the moment seems detained in the time.

 

That to know in a visit

 

Enter for Av. Perón until the Boulevard Sarmiento, turn to the left until Av. of the Liberator to skirt the river going by the Municipal Camping site with pleasant shade, continuing to the spa and arriving to the amphitheater, in a beautiful journey of value paisajístico.

If it crosses the river for the bridge Alberdi it will enter New Villa going by the Park Yrigoyen. Continue to the square Captain of the Andes indicated in plane, where it will find San Martin's statue seated, unusual image, it works of the artist non seer Armando Fabre. In front of her, the church of considerable dimensions, built in the place of the primitive chapel and, in the vicinities, interesting housings of century ends.

Vélez return for the bridge Sársfield to travel the dynamic center of Villa María visiting the former Palace Hotel, today headquarters of the Municipality, of splendid architectural resolution in his exterior, of style neoplateresco, the same as his magnificent interiors. Also visit the square San Martin and Church Cathedral, initiate construction last century, of great size, enhanced by the lining of the dome in Venetian mosaic and for the artist's sculptural work Pelli. Their interior harbors paintings of G. Butler and F. Bonfiglioli.

 

Where to eat and to house

 

Good offer of grills and restaurants of specialties. To house hotels up to 2 *.

 

The tract Villa María-San Francisco also goes by several towns dedicated to the agriculture, standing out The Bars in km 218. In km 297 will arrive to San Francisco

 

San Francisco

 

City head of the department San Fair, concentrates administrative functions, of production and of services for a vast region of high industrial development and agricultural-cattleman.

San Francisco , the same as Freyre and Iturraspe, are born as colony been founded by the santafesino José B. Iturraspe, summoned in an area of locust mounts, chañar, ñandubay and quebracho. The planes approved in 1886 by the provincial government correspond to a distant sector of the future rail line, I motivate for which this project didn't prosper. In 1888 settles the railroad and a new town arises around the station, nucleus of the current city, in the siblings' lands Casalis. Here in 1889, Iturraspe begins the industrial activity installing a floury mill moved to vapor. Later on the signature Boero-Lanfranchi erects other similar and the factory Tampieri the production of nutritious pastas begins. These facts, together to the production of machineries and tools for the agriculture, gave a great impulse to the urban radicación.

The Military Factory installed in 1942. It began their activities with the production of warlike material and it continued manufacturing electromotores, agricultural machineries, boxcars and rail reserves, what printed him new strength. Today is closed.

The city, favored by the great quantity of strong lines that linked it with almost the whole country, was developed gradually on the axis of the railroad and around two big boulevards (Roca and Sáenz Peña) and to the Liberator's Av. that connects the squares General Paz and Vélez Sársfield.

 

That to know in a visit

 

From Av. Urquiza takes to the left for the Boulevard May 25 to enter to the center; in the itinerary will have a precise vision of the characteristic edilicias of the city and of its commercial activity. Their architecture is rather low, its wide and tree-lined streets, with a homogeneous urban profile interrupted by the silos of the two mills and the new buildings of the Civic Center . Crossing the commercial area arrives until Av. Garibaldi and surround the Civic Center . Circulating for Boulevard 9 of Julio will see the Municipality that Palacio works in the called large house Tampieri

 

Palacio Tampieri

 

Carried out in 1931 for residence of Ricardo's family Tampieri, pioneer of the provincial nutritious industry, to image of the estates finiseculares, their volumetric solidity gets rich with a careful mixture of ornamental details of French, Italian and Spanish style. With materials and furniture in their majority of European origin, it conserves in their interior it leaves of the original splendor that well is worth a visit. Next to him an attractive recent construction is opposed dedicated to the House of the Culture.

Continue until Av. of the Liberator (S) it rotates left wing to square General Paz to visit the Church Cathedral

 

Church Cathedral

 

Summoned in a platform to which you consents for important stairway and from where restrains the square, it was consecrated in 1982 in substitution of the old temple of 1913, whose demolition was advised in the face of collapse danger. In a not very conventional way, with great emphasis in the structural components, has a wide unique ship with plant in fan form and capacity for 2.400 people. It possesses an interesting system of illumination and imposing wooden ceiling carried out with missionary pine. The monumental murals on the presbytery were executed by the artist Omar Braschetti.

Recapture the Liberator's Av. toward the boulevard 9 of Julio and park in the vicinity of the Civic Center , it is a new construction installed in lands of the old station. Then continue for Av. Liberator (N) until the Boulevard Rock where will see the square Vélez Sársfield in which the monument is located José Iturraspe, carried out by the sculptor Miguel Pablo Borgarello in homage to the founder of the city, governor of Santa Faith, outstanding pioneer with wide political and managerial vision.

In the city almost intact numerous constructions of the first decade of the century are conserved; they stand out the former Theater Columbus, the Jockey Club, the first headquarters of the banks Nation and County of Córdoba, trade houses (especially on Boulevard May 25 and in street Iturraspe) and housings of varied styles.

 

Where to eat lunch and to house

 

will find a good restaurant formal and also pleasant options if it travels with children. To house, hotels of up to 3 *.

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723