Turismo en Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Monte Caseros
 
   Bella Vista
   Carlos Pellegrini
   Corrientes
   Curuzú Cuatía
   Empedrado 
   Esquina
   Goya
   Itatí
   Ituzaingó
   Mercedes
   Monte Caseros
   Paso de la Patria
   Paso de los libres
   Santo Tomé
   Yapeyú
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
Knowing the city of Monte Caseros

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tanque de Piedra en Monte Paseros

 

 

 

 

 

Monte Caseros

 

 

 

 

 

Monte Caseros

 

 

 

 

 

Puerto Ceibo en Monte Caseros

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lapsing of today's strong city, it doesn't hide a past full with legends and histories. This city with accent correntino, with Uruguayan tune and some Portuguese that dance with Guarani when speaking fast in a language of all, of siblings and neighbors.

 

We begin the walk in the coastal one

 

Coastal

 

Located the east of the city, on the beaches, you consents through the streets that furrow the city of West to East and that they end in the Av. Coastal.

Walking for the coastal one this the Cruz of Iron

 

Cruz of Iron

 

With more than 8 meters high, it ran off with in homage to the correntinos that you/they left their life for the homeland in the war of Malvinas and islands of the South Atlantic .

 

To few meters of the corner where the avenue begins Sagarzazu this José's bust Hernandez

 

Bust to José Hernandez

 

Creator of the Martin Iron. This monument is one of the few reminders that were carried out in its homage in the Argentina

 

The one traveled continue and in the corner of Coastal and San Martin this the Club of Yachts.

 

Club of Yachts

 

English building built in the year 1920. Instigator of the practice of the canotaje, after a period of inactivity, reopened the school of oars to which added the tennis. Located in the corner of Coastal and San Martin, in front of the River Uruguay, to the This of the city. Restricted entrance, alone to partners. We continue the journey and in in the corner of Coastal and Juan Pujol the Subprefectura in Monte Caseros

 

Subprefectura Monte Caseros

 

It is a founded historical building December of 1870, 20 in their interior it is the Virgin's image "Stella Maris", the navigators' protector. Continuing with the walk finds the Admiral's statue Guillermo Brown

 

Statue of the Admiral Guillermo Brown

 

It is erected on a pedestal of 5 meters . Located in the round of Coastal and Juan Pujol.

 

In the coastal one and located on the street Alte. Brown, Esq. Juan Pujol, in front of the Prefecture this the Port

 

Port

 

Previous to the establishment of the Prefecture, the port of Monte Caseros was inaugurated Homemade year 1870 as Captaincy of Port, with the objective of guarding the frontier area. The that time city still called herself "I Pass of the Figs."

 

Located at the end of Av. Coastal, in Santa Rosa 's Restingas "Cachueras". this the old tank of Stone.

 

Tank of Stone

 

To this tower you arrives through the streets Columbus and Av. Coastal. Toast Cylindrical of Stones, finished off in their superior part with crenels that it served as first it takes elevadora of the water of the river to feed to the city.

The water was absorbed by a motor through pipes that it was in the superior part and it took it to the tank. It was built by Mr. José Dal´Cero in 1936 on Santa Rosa 's restingas "Cachueras" in the coast, it has 8 meters of high for 3 of diameter Today it is the tourist symbol of the city

 

Another of the places interesanetes of visiting is the Museum Station of the east

 

Museum Station of the east

 

Inaugurated by the president of the Nation Nicolás Avellaneda grove in 1875. It was the terminal of the first rail brunch of the county, from Federation, Entre Ríos, to Monte Caseros Declared National Historical Museum from the year 1979, the only museum of the city with valuable pieces of historical importance, in him develops its activity the Address of Cultural Municipal.

In interior it is a wide room of exhibitions that it goes being renewed monthly. Located in the streets Vicente Mendieta and Buenos Aires

 

Taking Vicente down the street Mendieta the sculptures is come in homage to the Combatants of Malvinas in front of Guerra's Headquarters of the Veteran ones "Abá Ñaró." Also in the place it is The Mural that counts the history of the city in images carried out by the Mexican sculptor Ariosto Hill, the from Buenos Aires Cristina Gersaghi and the correntino Domingo it Cures, with the collaboration of sculptors montecasereños. Located in the internal street of the station of the East, you consents Vicente down the street Mendieta.

 

Italian society

 

Old Club of the Italian Collective, been founded in 1887. At the moment they are carried out there, meetings of social and cultural character: Cinema, Theater, Conferences, Music, Dances and Writers. When being completed the centennial of their foundation, in 1987, Provincial Historical Monument was declared. Located in the street Columbus and / Buenos Aires and Entre Ríos. Free and gratuitous entrance

 

Tiro Federal

 

Declared Departmental Historical Monument. The building is of the year 1912. It has imposing architectural lines, ogival openings, a central tower framing the main door and two lateral, battlemented cornices and friezes. With the Shields of the Nation and of the County in the lateral towers. Located in the corner of the streets Sarmiento and Italy . To request guides and authorization for the entrance.

 

Popular library "Marcelino A. Elizondo"

 

Building of Italian style, was in a principle headquarters of the Graduate School Nº 1, today, it is one of the most important popular libraries in the county.

Their beginnings date of 1872 as and after occupying several places, it moves in 1980 to the place that at the moment occupies in front of the square Colon . In 1983 the Communal Government donates this building to the institution that at the present time counts with more than 25. 000 volumes. Located in the street Bergamini and Columbus. Entrance for partners.

 

Square Columbus

 

Previously call 9 of Julio. In the center it is, the first Monument to Christopher Columbus of the country, carried out at the same time that their similar of the city of Chivilcoy, Buenos Aires, in the year 1892, when being turned the 400 years from their arrival to America. In 1992 for Municipal Ordinance, it is changed the name to the square for the current one in homage to the centennial of the monument and the 500 years of the Admiral's discovery.

 

Municipal Palacio

 

Construction of 1927, of neoclassical lines, on high with marble perrons, framed with circular pilasters and a frontis in semicírculo. Located in the street Rivadavia 246.Avenida Coastal

 

Sundial

 

It carves holistic carried out by the Uruguayan Architect Hugo Quiróz in homage at the time of the fraternity of the two cities. Located by Av. Coastal, on the aquarium fields. Free entrance.

 

Club of Fishing "Mbiguá"

 

Building that congregates the lovers of this sport. Located on the ravines of the coast This, Av. Av. Coastal and Columbus. Free entrance.

 

First Factory of Oil of Olive

 

It provided to the county and their oils were taken to the north by the ships that robbed in Port Ceibo. Located in San Martin's corner and Mitre. It is a Particular Home

 

Hospital Samuel W. Robinson

 

Historical building that occupies the whole apple, been founded in 1890. In their interior it is their founder's bust; precursory enthusiast of the health and the sport in the ends of the XIX S and principles of the XX one. It is located the This of The city, to 100 meters of the Prefecture and the Club of Yachts. You consents for streets San Martin and Mitre

 

Bank of the Nation Argentina

 

Sober building of classic lines with a triangular frontis on the door principal. Located in the ochava of the corner of Alvear and Pellegrini. station of the General Railroad Urquiza: old Construction, with the typical architecture of the English limits. Located on Av. of the Work. Restricted entrance, the station is not working.

 

Bust of Domingo Faustino Sarmiento

 

Homage to this illustrious man, teachers' teacher, writer and president of the Nation in 1870. Located in downtown, in the Round of the streets The Teacher and Columbus.

 

Bust of the General San Martin

 

Carried out in Located brass in the round of Av. of the Liberator and Juan Pujol.

 

Our church Mrs. of the Rosario

 

The place that occupies is the one that originally the surveyor determined him Achinelli to a month of the native's foundation I Populate in passing of Figs in 1829. Their construction began in 1881 and it took a long time 4 years in finishing it. It is of a single ship with cruise, where it is the font of their left side; I roof of colonial tiles and interior of polished wood. Their architectural lines are simple. Embedded to the frontis it is in their side lateral right the tower steeple. Located in the street Pbro. Demetrio Atamañuk. The hermitage has the Image of the Virgin of Itatí. The hermitage is a replica of which is on National Route Nº 12 in the access to the city of Itatí it was built by the same pilgrims with the help of the municipality.

 

The Table of the Indian

 

It is a rocky formation of approximately about 10 diameter meters for 4 of high that keeps the form of a table, it becomes notorious in the time of bajante of the river. Their explanation is due to that the channel of the River Uruguay is made of volcanic stones of the Solid one of Brasilia - cataclysm of the tertiary of 10 million years that conformed to the province of Corrientes. The rocky formations appear in the denominated area "The Cachuera", of the Portuguese: Cachoeiras. When a great bajante takes place it can observe it to the height of the street Alvear, to 80 meters of the river

 

Port Ceibo

 

Until the year 2001 were the roads of the trains that united the station of the city with this historical and important quay. In front of the outlet of the stream Ceibo, in 1890, the boiler of the Vapor exploded Iberá, they Count that its captain, Jaime Carrol, after having helped in the salvataje of the company, went down to look for the Binnacle and in that moment the boiler exploded provoking him the death. Their remains are in the local cemetery, located on Hipólito it remains silent Irigoyen and Av. of the Work, to the This Port Ceibo, it is located to 5 Km . of the city, for on the way to rubble, today is a natural camping site and the entrance is free and gratuitous

 

Spas

 

Monte Caseros it possesses beautiful beaches that can be enjoyed in the spas that are mentioned next:

  • Municipal spa: to enjoy the beaches of the River Uruguay, it possesses a camping site area that offers all the services.
  • General camping site San Martin: par excellence located in a fishing area, it possesses camping site area and they can be practiced nautical sports.
  • Port Ceibo: gentle, in this place they can be practiced nautical sports and the sport fishing, besides camping. From Port Ceibo is possible to go aboard to visit the islands that the tripartite point of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil conform.
  • Stream Timboy: place where it is possible to enjoy a gentle demurrage in contact with the nature.
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723