- Before leaving trip, verify that the supports of the windshield wipers work correctly ( keeps in mind that in some areas it is preferable to use special supports for the snow). Then, request to their mechanic that verifies if the antifreeze is in the correct level and the pressure of the tires: if they don't have enough pressure, they lose it grabs, the same as if they have too much.
- Take in the car an emergency kit that takes it out of the step if it is caught in the snow or it suffers an accident. Among other things, don't forget to take eatable hipercalóricos, clothes of replacement coat, a blanket, lantern, emergency buoys, a cellular telephone, a small shovel and strings to tow the vehicle.
- When driving in cold areas, maintain the full naphtha tank at least until the half. That will reduce the problems of humidity in the combustion system and it will offer him an extra margin of security for eventual damages.
- Rasp the ice and the snow of all the windows and of the external rear-view mirrors, don't clear only a portion of the windshield. Don't forget to clean the front lighthouses and the control lights. Try to eliminate the ice and the snow of their shoes before entering in the vehicle. As they melt, believe accumulation of humidity that steams up the windows for the interior side. It can reduce the empañamiento if the lights the air conditioning that serves as deshumificador.
- The passengers and the driver should always use the belts of security, as much that of waist as that of the shoulder. The driver and their companion should adjust the reposacabezas in a such way that their heads rest in the support center. As the back crashes they increase in winter, the adjustment of the reposacabezas can prevent lesions of the neck.
- Regulate the speed according to like be the existent conditions. When driving under extreme conditions, it is necessary to reduce the speed to increase the time of answer if some difficult situation is presented. Remember that the announcements of speed only indicate the maximum speed allowed under conditions atmospheric ideals.
- Advance the difficult situations. The results of certain studies indicate that 80% of all the accidents could be had forewarned of having had an additional second of answer. In winter, it should be more attentive to the actions of the other drivers. For example, don't hurry if the vehicle of behind too much fence is: diminish the speed and let him to overcome it.
- Light the lights. Whenever the visibility during the day is not the ideal, it is recommended to light the lights, its visibility will be better and other vehicles will also see it better. Remember the general norm. If the windshield wipers is in operation, the lights he will be also. It is recommended to use the low lights if it drives at night in presence of fog or snow: they reduce the reflection and the splendor.
- Press soft, slow and progressively the controls to usually even brake if the automobile is equipped with ABS (the antifreezing system of controls). in the event of emergency in an automobile equipped with ABS, oppress with force the pedal and mantén-Gallic pressed. Remember that this system allows to maneuver the steering wheel at the same time that it is braked.
- Maintain both hands on the steering wheel in the position of the clock of 9 o'clock and the 3. andmove the steering wheel smoothly in the address that wants to move. To climb a slope, acquire impulse and speed in the plane portion before ascending it costs up. Never hurry abruptly: it can lose the control of the car.