Small town in front of a wide and beautiful curve of the river Paraná. In their port the Historical Sarandí, a tree is to whose shade the general Manuel rested Belgrano during his campaign. One enters for Asleep Av. González of Santa Cruz that ends in the central square, around which you/they are most of the equipment and the commercial area.
Been founded by the Jesuit under the invocation of Our Mrs. of the Candelaría or Purification, it occupies the current place from 1689, year in that it was transferred by last cheats after to series of fruitless localizations harassed unceasingly by the hordes paulistas of the Brazil. It was seat of the Superior of Jesus' Company (Jesuit) until the expulsion of that order.
Then, it was headquarters of the Governor of the Towns of the Missions.
In 1814, Candelaría became a department of the county of Currents that extended from ltuzaingó until lguazú and from the river Paraná until the missionary Central mountain. It served from base to the government correntino in times of war, before the advances and lootings commanded by the Paraguayan Gaspar Rodríguez of Frank. Toward 1816, Candelaría was recovered for the Argentineans by means of a campaign commanded by the missionary Indian Andrés «Andresito» Guacurarí.
In last century they settled in this area three agricultural colonies that, in 1947, they became unified under Candelaría's name, giving origin to the current town. In the lot that occupies the Penal Colony U17 of the Federal Penitentiary Service there are archaeological vestiges of the Jesuit town, which previous authorization that is requested there can be traveled same.
Continue until the RN12 and advance to the south for the RP204, an on the way to consolidated earth that in 2 km it arrives to the stream Garupá and to the Municipal Spa, surrounded of leafy trees. It has a camping site with basic services and another of UPCN Missions, more complete, with quinchos, grills and a social area with sanitary services.
Recapturing the RN204, the road leaves strangling for the hard presence of wooden natural mounts, until arriving to the 11 kms to the Provincial Park The Cañadón of Depth