It is located on the national route Nº 40 in a beautiful cordillerano valley, in the confluence of the rivers Curí Lauvú and Neuquén. It was the first capital of the territory of Neuquén, in 1884.
Manuel Jose Olascoaga, located in the same place in which one was, at the time of the campaign, the Headquarters of IV the Division of the Expeditionary army. There personal objects, photographies and lithographies pertaining to the founder and first Olascoaga governor can be seen, like also indigenous utensils, mineral, fossil and other elements that allow to know the zone the past. Also they can be visited: the Provincial Breeding ground, the Municipal Historical File, the Olascoaga Library and the Office of Tourism, like also the Amphitheatre, the Tower, the House of the Culture and the Church Helping Maria
In the historical helmet of the city is the Museum