The sport fishing is centralized in the main rivers of the province, the Dulce and the Salado . In the first of them, from their exit of the front dike of Río Hondo until their outlet in Mar Chiquita, in Córdoba, in all their journey it covers big bagres cardúmenes, vogues, tarariras, sábalos and concentrations of golden in the lake of Río Hondo, dike The Quiroga and La Dormida.
This area understands about 120 kms. of fluvial itinerary in all which one cannot fish but from the bank, for not presenting conditions of navigability but in the case of the dikes and reservoirs.
The Salado river, from their entrance for the limit with Salta until their exit for the province of Santa Fe , to the equal the Dulce, offers great variety and size of the same fish. It has excellent fishing of golden in dike Figueroa, San Roque, the 30, Suncho Corral. In any point of the journey of these rivers they can be gotten golden of 6 to 12 kg . and in the places of more concentration, of 12 kg . until more than 20, in the modality trolling.
- Mojarrón: It inhabits everywhere, especially in the waters, beaches and vegetables.
- Boga: It observes it to him perfectly, alternating and cohabiting with the sábalo, in the different cardúmenes that move continually.
- Sábalo: commonly call "fish", is an abundant species and it constitutes the favorite food of the residents santiagueños.
- Dentudo: species highly intiófoga, very active depredador of the pejerrey.
- Dorado: it is part of the fauna ictícola of the reservoir of Deep River and of the Sweet river
- Doradilla: It frequently meets it in waters with vegetation.
- Raba, bagre and yellow bagre: these species are in the bottom and for their variety they belong to the omnivorous Kingdom.
- White Bagre and pejerrey: they are in the dike of Thermal baths of Deep River .