Turismo en Rio Negro , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
   El Bolsón
   Gral. Roca
   Las Grutas  
   San Antonio Oeste
   San C. de Bariloche
   Villa Regina
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Mountain Bike
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
From San Carlos of Bariloche to Junin de los Andes for pavement

























Quick and sure connection route (pavement) to arrive to San Martin from the Andes crossing the interesting Charmed Valley on the river Limay and traveling the steppe patagónica, plateaus and valleys of the rivers Limay, Collón Curá and Chimehuín.
They are 260 km until San Martin from the Andes, by RN237, RN40 and RN234, asphalted. Restaurant and fuel in San Carlos de Bariloche and in Junín de los Andes. Lodging in the two cities, is a trip of two and a half hours.
From San Carlos from Bariloche (km 0) it leaves for RN237 until km 132, in bridge on the river Collón Cures to beginning of RN40; toward the north, it is explained in RN237 from Neuquén to San Carlos from Bariloche.

In km 132, bridge on the river Collón Cures, today transformed into artificial lake of 292 square km due to the construction of it dams it Stone of the Eagle. A km before the bridge, access to RP49 (old RN40) that takes to San Martin from the Andes for rough on the way to earth.

To cross the bridge and to take RN40 to the left. Starting from now the road stays along the valley of the river Collón Curá that Aluminé is almost born in the lake 190 km to the north. For him they drain the entirety from the more lakes to the north.

This valley and river had a fundamental importance in the history from the explorations to the mountain range, since they were route forced to the steps to Chile for those that came ascending of the Black rivers and of the Limay (Villarino, 1782-83; Antoine of Turens “king of Araucanía”, 1864; Bejarano, 1872).
Country of the Apples
In the km 138 the low route at the level of the lake, with excellent view toward the valley of the river Caleufú that drains in the opposed riverside. On the river Caleufú is distinguished the old bridge of the RP49 and before the monolith of 3 m that reminds the captivity and Francisco's escape Moreno of the awnings of Sayhueque, February 12 1880. This sector, among the rivers Caleufú and Collón Cure it was the place of the cacique's awnings Valentine Sayhueque, governor of the “Country of the Apples” Indian dominion that embraced from the north of the Chubut until the north of Neuquén.

The strategic situation of this place, their fertility, the abundance of the manzanos introduced by the Spaniards and reproduced by the natives and their cacique's political abilities made of the tolderías of Sayhueque one of the key places of the history cordillerana of the last room of last century. The descriptions of Bejarano (1872), Musters (1870) and Moreno (1875 and 1880) who were their guests, a complete square of the life of these tolderías and their cacique have left, faithful guardian of the roads among those “two big waters” rigorously closed to the white man until the “it Conquers of the Desert”, The imposing landscape makes us remember other times of a more primitive life.

Starting from here, the road continues skirting the river in a landscape of steppe patagónica. In km 155, the hill Pinenut, promontory with a cross in their summit. In km 165, deviate to right to Stone of the Eagle for RP50, on the way to earth and solitary. Km 169, stays to the right: they have a size average of 30.000 has dedicated to the sheep breeding. The extreme dryness makes that they cannot support more than 1 sheep for each 5 there is.

In the Km 175, it is the place Collón Curá; where work during years a raft on the river, in the old Indian ford, the pillars can still be seen that sustained it. Of the opposed side of the river the outpost existed for short time Shaples (1883) that controlled the traffic between the holes cordilleranos and the pampas, for the one on the way to Stone of the Eagle.

From the km 184 the road comes closer to the river skirting it with sheer walls of the right side. Caution is recommended by constants collapses.

In km 190, find with RN234 to the left, The RN40 goes into to the right toward you Undermine her. To continue toward the left for RN234 that then crosses the river Aluminé for narrow bridge, Later the road abandons the river Collón Curá-Aluminé. In the Km 194, to the right, stay Huechahue; contrary to other they are observed diverse cultivations like medic here, potatoes and fruit-bearing protected by extensive groves and afforestations of pines. From this stay there are good accesses to the river Aluminé for fishing and they are organized trips to horse, previously hired.

In the Km 210, the route begins to go down to the valley of Junín of the Andes, formerly called Cumcum nieiu; excellent view on the mountain range and the volcano Lanín. In km 216, deviate to the right to RP23 and RP60 that take Aluminé the first one, and to Chile for the step the Mamuil Malal, the second. To continue for route paved to the left. To the right, the facilities of the Rural Society of the Neuquén that was born in 1933 and, from 1937, it organizes the Cattle Exhibition here, an annual contest that it is interesting fair with champions' exhibition and activities of Creole dexterity, competition of fabrics and talabartería works, with later it finishes off.

Cross the bridge on the river Chimehuín that drains the basin of the lake Huechulafquen and that it is, together with the river Malleo, the most famous for the fishing.

After the bridge it leaves to right RP61 toward the lake Huechulafquen. To continue for the asphalt crossing military area. To the right buildings with imposing casino of official. After a wide descampado, it begins in km 219, the city of Junin de los Andes.
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723