Turismo en Rio Negro , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
San Antonio Oeste
 
   Choele-Choel
   Cipolletti
   El Bolsón
   Gral. Roca
   Las Grutas  
   San Antonio Oeste
   San C. de Bariloche
   Viedma
   Villa Regina
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
History of San Antonio Oeste
Puerto de San Antonio Oeste










Costanera de San Antonio Oeste
 
The creek with sack form to the bottom of the gulf San Matías was an excellent place to saturate and to build port. Already in 1520, legendary Magellan derived some ships of its fleet to recognize the gulf; February 18 arrived, day of San Matías, and it was the name. The gulf was known since navigator furrowed these seas. In 1779, the expedition pobladora of Juan of The Stone (the same one that was successful in Patagonian-Viedma) it explored gulf and costs. January 17, day of San Antonio Abbot arrived. But they didn't settle down. Through the time, navigators and scientists valued this place as the best natural port in the Argentinean coast. The marine movement begins at the end of the pass-do century (1898), but not in the west, but in Tip Villarino, I joust in front and toward the East, lla mado then Port of the This. San Antonio Oeste began to exist around 1905.

The Port of the East, old Old Sack, was developed quick; it embarked wools and fruits of the country of a wide area. It had marine subprefectura, lighthouse, telegraph and strong signatures commercial acopiadoras. But, at the time, it was more fence and comfortable for the traffic of carts that came from the south and western the current San Antonio Oeste port, although it was more dependent of the ups and downs of tides. Around 1905 it happens the almost complete transfer from San Antonio This. For San Antonio Oeste it enters in the area the railroad of the State that will unite this place with San Carlos from Bariloche, advancing slowly for the plateaus from 1908, to arrive to Nahuel Huapi in 1934. The rail work received everything for this port: men (1.500 worked for moments), rolling and fixed material, the coal that he/she came from Cardiff, and heavy locomotives. Their peak time was among 1910-1930, as the biggest concentrador in wools of the country.

When concluding the rail connection San Antonio West with Viedma, you could travel from Square Constitution to San Carlos from Bariloche, what caused decline of the port and the primacy of the ports of Bay Blanca (White, Galván and Cerri) and of Good Airés, with cheap freights that it prepared the English railroad of the South. Same luck ran Carmen's port of Patagonian.

San Antonio West knew from his foundation the problem of the drinkable water, when being drained the counted wells. AI to advance the railroad, found good napas, and then when playing the tip of rail stream Valcheta, it took water in their boxcars, distributed in cars aguateros. This difficulty lasted up to 1970, overcome with the Channel Pomona-San Antonio West that derives waters of the Black river.

In San Antonio, the construction of the factory advances ALPAT (Alkalis of the Patagonia S.A.). it will Elaborate soda Solvay, used in the industry and that at the moment it is cared.
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723