Search information
Rosario
 
Turismo en la Argentina
   Santa Fé
Turismo en la Argentina
   Rosario
Turismo en la Argentina
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
In route to the lagoons
Ingreso a Venado Tuerto

 

 

 

 

 

 

Monumento a San Martín en Venado Tuerto

 

 

 

 

 

 

Estacion de Tren de Venado Tuerto

 

 

 

 

 

 

Estancia La Victoria

 

 

 

 

 

 

Iglesia de Venado Tuerto

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laguna de Melincue

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mangrullo de Melincue

 

 

 

 

 

 

Avistaje de aves en laguna  de Melincue

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laguna de Melincue

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laguna de Melincue
 

Walk for to region that was opposite against the Indian one and then, after the arrival of the immigrants, it transformed completely. It will go by the "Region of the Lagoons", with interesting fauna, to finish in the lagoon Melincué, the biggest in the south of the province.

Circuit of 364 km going and turn from Rosario for good routes, with two tolls in the RN33. Fuel in Casilda, Firmat and Blind Deer. Drive carefully, mainly at first hours of the morning or the last ones of the afternoon, since then they begin or they finish their tasks the croppers and sembradoras, those that circulates you for the route.

 

From the square May 25 in Rosario (km 0), go to Casilda (km 55) ace it is described in From Rosario to Casilda

 

In Casilda, Ovid Lakes leave for the Boulevard to the RN33 and take it toward the right. It will pass in front of the School General Agrotécnica San Martin and to the Ability of Veterinary Sciences of the National University of Rosario. Then it will cross the towns of Sanford (km 70), Chabás (km 83), Villada (km 97) and Firmat (km 110). To both sides of the RN33 will do cultivated fields with wheat, corn or sunflower, according to the time of the year.

After the town of Murphy , in the km 166, there is a toll hut. Not very later on, the route skirts the city and it enters left wing for the Av. Dr. Luis Chapuls that then calls you Estrugamou, to arrive in the km 168 to Venado Tuerto

 

Venado Tuerto

 

This city, surrounded of lagoons, it overcomes their origins to the cruel confrontations between the native and the target. In their vicinities they were located several strong, as Fennel and Loreto, and a little farther those of Melincué, Chañar and The Tunas (in the current county of Córdoba ).

Around them they got rid several combats, as that of Zapallar (1848), Loreto (1838), Lagoon of the Lions, Stay the Carmen and Ancalú (1876). Starting from the last great malón, in 1878, the situation was stabilized and several farmers began to acquire fields.

Among them Eduardo stood out Casey Son of Irish, began to acquire lands in 1880, propitiating the colonization from a special way when beginning the first colony ovejera, with peons and immigrants of his same origin. June of 1883, 2 Casey founded a town, traced by the surveyor Rodolfo Warners, to which placed him the name of Blind Deer. Their appearance was approved the following year.

The origins of the name of the town get lost in the popular tradition. The accepted version is that when deer still existed in the region, one of them, to which he lacked an eye, era raised by the soldiers of a strong one, possibly that of Fennels. Every time that approached a malón, the deer it looked for refuge in the strong one, alerting the defenders. Soon after it, the area began to call himself of the Blind Deer and, for the natives, Thrauma Truli that also means blind deer in mapuche.

Among the first neighbors of the town it was Alejandro Estrugamou Son of French Basque, in little time became the most important factor in development for the place. Man of trust of Casey, first Judge of Peace was named, at the time that he acquired fields that you/they went increasing his fortune. For initiative of Estrugamou the Normal School and the school rose Santa Rosa .

The development of the town became constant, because at the end of the XIX century they began to arrive other groups of immigrants. That of July of 1890 arrived the Railroad of the South of Santa Faith and Córdoba that it left of Villa Constitution and it arrived at River Room. In the surroundings of their station, the company creó a new neighborhood. For their economic and cultural potential, Blind Deer is considered the Esmeralda of the South.

 

That to know in a visit

 

Leave the vehicle in the surroundings of the square San Martin to begin a brief one traveled by the center. The square embraces four apples and to its surroundings they are located the Immaculate Cathedral Concepción, the School The Mercy, down the street Belgrano, and the Evangelical church on Marconi. Lower for the Av. Casey and double to the right for Maipú to find, to half block, the Regional Museum and Historical File Cayetano Alberto Silva.

 

Regional museum and Historical File Cayetano Alberto Silva

 

It was the teacher's musician house Cayetano Alberto Silva (1868-1920), born in the Uruguay that had arrived to Blind Deer in 1898. In 1901 creó San Lorenzo 's March - executed for the first time in this place, today considered Historical House -, to which put him letter Carlos J. Benielli.

From 1902 it is the official march of the Army, as homage to San Lorenzo 's combat and the general Liberator San Martin. Their sones has transcended the limits of the Argentina, being executed in the Uruguay, in the changes of guard of the Real Palacio from London, in Poland and other places, and I eat musical bottom in different movies.

The Museum has rooms of urban history, Anthropology and regional Archaeology, besides a room set in the time in that the teacher executed for the first time the one mentioned march.

There are numerous sweet shops where will be able to take a coffee before continuing the Walk. Continue for San Martin, the bank artery of the city, and then double to the left for the avenue Rivadavia and to the right in J.B. Fair to end, when finishing the street, in front of the Station of the Railroad (MHP)

 

Station of the Railroad (MHP)

 

It is visible a construction with the characteristic brick and I roof to two waters, in foil of zinc. Built in 1890, it conserves in their interior elements of rail control of the time of the Englishmen.

Continue for Sarmiento, turning to the left in the Boulevard October 12 and later to the left for the Boulevard 0. Lakes that it is the RN8. When leaving the city, turn to the right for the RP45, of earth but under good conditions that it takes to San Eduardo.

After 5 km will see to the left the entrance to a great grove of 2 km that leads to the Stay The Victoria

 

Stay The Victoria

 

Their owner was Eduardo Casey and it had placed him the name of The Zapallar. It was dedicated, among other activities, to experience with tender grasses for the breeding of having won ovino. Later Alejandro bought it Estrugamou, it changed him the name for the current one and it built a new helmet in style French classic.

Already in this century, their son made new remodelings to the group.

Originally it was surrounded of 10 there is of park, with sources and statues of Diana Leather jacket. Estrugamou son donated it to the Order Salesiana and, from 1981, it works a school agrotécnica here.

 

To continue the Walk from the square San Martin of Blind Deer (km 168), return to the RN8, in the km 191 will arrive to the crossing with the RP90, continue for this to the left and, to little to walk, it will begin to sight mirrors of water, sign that it is in the Region of the Lagoons

 

Region of the Lagoons

 

These they have been formed in depressed places, for pluvial precipitations or blooming of underground waters. They are the habitat of flamingos, blue, swans and a great variety of ducks and migratory birds. Some, as the polar chorlo, fly to an average of 70 km per hour from Alaska and the Ártico, to 10.000 km of distance. It also exists in this area a rich fauna of amphibians and reptiles.

In most of the lagoons the pejerreyes is plentiful that can be fished from the coast or crafts. Those that are more to the south, as Those Chained, near to the limit with the county of Buenos Aires, they feed cañadones that constitute the basin hídrica iniciadora of the Salted river, the most important in that county.

Continue for the RP90 and, in the km 231, San Martin will enter for the Av. to the city of Melincué . Turn to the right for Laprida until arriving to The Mangrullo of Melincué

 

The Mangrullo of Melincué (MHN)

 

In this whole area they got rid bloody combats between white and indigenous, that made necessary to locate a protection outpost here, destroyed and relocated in several opportunities. During these confrontations, the natives captured women and children to request rescue. That was the case of the manager's of messagings daughter Luis Laflor, captured by the cacique mapuche Calfucurá.

Laflor, born in Lavagna, Italy, built in 1868 a tower of bricks to watch over and to detect dust clouds, smoke or night vents and to advance the malones arrival, allowing this way the residents to become safe.

Calfucurá and their hosts had their tolderías in the Salted lagoon, to the south of Santa Rosa 's city, in The Pampas. From there they intruded against the frontiers of the target.

At little distance of the mangrullo, for a signalled road, you arrives at the Lagoon Melincué

 

Lagoon Melincué

 

It is the bigger than this region, with a longitude this-west of 10 km and a surface of some 8.000 has. The black mud of their riverside and their sodium carbonated waters, of thermal but not thermal properties, they possess healing virtues. The lagoon owes its origin to the rain waters that fall on the neighboring fields although, according to other versions, the fact that it grows permanently suggests an origin in underground waters. On the other hand, like it is brackish and it possesses a great proportion of iodine, it could be a sea eye.

This growth has created serious problems to the RP90 that passes next to her, when cutting it in different points and to force her to alter its layout. It also advances on the city, reason why canalizations have been built to deviate part of the waters. In spite of everything, it continues growing: in the past there was a spa with a great hotel, today covered by the waters. At the moment it is the spa The Flamingos, with a camping site and all the services, capable to practice nautical sports and fishes.

Return to the Av. San Martin and leave for this of Melincué. In the km 231 take for the RP93 to the right and continue for this until the connection with the RN33, in the km 245. Turn there to the right to return for the RN33 to Casilda in the km 209 and to Rosario in the km 364.

Viajoporargentina - Información Turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003 - Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723