Search information
Rosario
 
Turismo en la Argentina
   Santa Fé
Turismo en la Argentina
   Rosario
Turismo en la Argentina
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
On the way to the train

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Estación de tren en Roldan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Iglesia de Carcaraña

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Puente ferrocarrilero - Carcaraña

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Plaza de los Inmigrantes - Carcaraña

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Busto de San Martín en Cañada de Gomez

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cañada de Gomez

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cañada de Gomez

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cañada de Gomez

 

A journey on the RN9 for towns and cities been founded by the company of colonization of the Argentinean Central Railroad, of English capitals that to populate the brought immigrants from Europe .

They are 73 km for a very trafficked route, provided of services. There is a toll before entering Cañada of Gómez. Fuel in Funes, Roldán, San Jerónimo South, Carcarañá, Cañada of Gómez, Armstrong and Tortugas.

 

When leaving from the square 25 de Mayo of Rosario (km 0) down the street Santa Fe, will pass in front of the majestic building of the Station of Bus Mariano Moreno, with a slender tower. It is a reciclaje of the former station of the Provincial Railroad of Santa Fe, of French capitals. To their side is the Center of Conventions

 

Center of Conventions

 

Baptized with Juan's name Domingo Perón, is known popularly as Patio of the Wood. It is also a reciclaje of old constructions of the railroad. Inside him there are seven sculptural groups in marble of Carrara carried out in 1909 by Lola Mora, in a study in Rome , for the Monument to the Flag. inside little they will be transferred to new place among the Monument to the Flag and the Cathedral.

Continue for Santa Fe until the street Córdoba that, when finishing the city, becomes the RN9. After the stream Ludueña is the access to Rosario 's International Airport .

In the km 16 enter wing city of Funes , where there are imposing weekend houses. When arriving wing remains silent Independence , double right wing until Santa Fe , where the old mansion stands out Jacuzzi, projected by the French architect Eduardo Le Monnier. It occupies a complete apple and it possesses a lake with bridges, arbors, a kiosk, a tempers you, an aviary and paths.

Tucumán return for street to the RN9. Take it to the right and, in the km 24, the RNA012 will cross. About 2 kms later on will arrive to Roldán

 

Roldán

 

With the approval in 1863 of the construction of the railroad between Córdoba and Rosario, the national government gave to the company Argentinean Central Railroad a league of land ( 5 km ) to each side of the road. May 1° 1866 were inaugurated the first tract of the itinerary from Rosario to Turtles. The first station was Roldán whose name reminds Felipe M. of Roldán, a farmer af incado in the colonial time.

With running of the time, some residents settled down in the surroundings of the solitary station. But, starting from 1870, the situation radically changed.

 
Company of Lands of the Argentinean Power station
 

This company brought immigrants from Europe to form agricultural colonies. The first one was near the station Roldán and Bernstadt called herself (city of Berne ), because most of the colonists came of there. Immigrants of other Swiss cantons also settled down, besides German, Italian and Spaniards.

The company provided a passage until Rosario . When arriving the colonists they were transferred to their destination, where they were provided a yoke of oxen of oxen, a plow, a trail, seeds, meat, flour and a wooden house, besides a Winchester or a Feterly with a drawer of bullets, for the defense. The lands -20 or 40 blocks for family - they were given by the company in lease or sold long term, without interests.

At the end of 1875, the engineers Fisher, Perkins and Campbell delineated the town. Each one of their rectangular apples had access to a wider main street and a narrow street for the entrance of carriages and of services. Later a new neighborhood was added, inspired by the English city garden or in the American greenbelts.

 

That to know in a visit

 

A brief journey in car will allow him to observe the constructions of century principles and to have a general vision of downtown, been founded around the roads of the railroad. Among for Rivadavia (RN9) and turn to the right for the Boulevard San Martin, until their term, to arrive at the Station of the Railroad (MHP) that at the moment forms a group with the Walk of the Station. In front there is an entire block with buildings of the first times.

Continue toward the east for the Boulevard San Martin. In the corner of Oroño it highlights a beautiful mansion of principles of this century. In the following block will see the mansion Francisco Schnyder, a large house with gallery to the front, built in the XIX century. Almost when finishing the boulevard they are the interesting mansion Albuzo Rudolf, in style art nouveau you flower him, and, in front, a building of two plants built approximately in 1864 that was the housing of engineers of the Argentinean Power station; it is one of the first constructions lifted in this region.

At the end of the boulevard, double to the left for Buenos Aires , crossing the road of the railroad and take again to the left for Pellegrini. To the right will see several mansions and large houses of century principles. The first one harbors the General Popular Library Manuel Belgrano; the second, the headquarters of the club Center Cosmopolitan Union and Progress. In front of the library they are the square Rawson, with leafy eucalyptuses, and, to their side, the Park of the Station.

When turning to the right for Fleming you will find the 25 de Mayo square , symmetrical with another to the south side of the road. In another side of the square they are the church San José , built between 1914 and 1926 in French neo-Gothic style for the engineer Antonio Micheletti, and several mansions lifted by the first Swiss and German immigrants that populated the place.

Continue for 9 of Julio to the left. In the corner of the Boulevard Pellegrini is Carlos Brofft 's house, administrator of the Company of Lands of the Argentinean Power station. Cross the road again and it will arrive to the Boulevard San Martin; it continues for this to the left until their term. In the corner with Sergeant Cabral the Municipality is and, to its side, the Evangelical church, lifted by the German community with the help of the King Gustavo from Sweden . Continuing for the Boulevard, will see to both sides beautiful mansions of century principles, in their majority in style Italian neorrenacentista, with gardens to the front.

 

Where to eat

 

On the RN9 there are two good grills to eat lunch or to have dinner. Leave Roldán (km 26) for Sergeant Cabral and double to the right for Catamarca, the continuation of the RN9. Continue for this toward the north. In the km 36 will go by San Jerónimo South, a town created by the railroad, being sighted from the route the tower of the church. About 11 kms later on, entering for street Rivadavia, it will arrive to Carcaraña

 

Carcaraña

 

When you inaugurates the first tract of the railroad, in 1866, the second stop from Rosario was Carcarañá. There were two stations: Carcarañá This, located in the current city before the bridge, in a high point to facilitate the one braked the outburst of the locomotives; and Carcarañá West, already missing, located to the other side of the river. In their surroundings the company exploited a model chacra.

Starting from 1869 the Company of Lands of the Argentinean Power station began the colonization of the area that embraced some 5.920 blocks. brought first Swiss immigrants and, later, French, German, Italian, Englishmen, Austrian, Poles, Swedish and American. The colonization conditions went similar to those of Roldán.

In 1871, the company began to sell lots around the station Carcarañá This for the current town, projected by its engineers. Of characteristic urban similar to those of Roldán and of the rest of the towns on the road, their layout left of two squares with two avenues to its sides. Around them they should settle the public buildings. The apples were rectangular, with a main street and another minor for the entrance of the carriages and services.

 

That to know in an it visits

 

In front of the square is Our Church Mrs. of the Pilar, projected in style Italian neoclassicist by the architect Felipe Censi. From there, take the Av. Belgrano to the north that becomes an on the way to earth improved until arriving at the river Carcarañá. There will see the old rail bridge and the dike that it provided from electric power to the Mills Juan Semino CORP. next to the dike the mill that settled in Carcarañá toward 1908, and the sport village plows you Put on I gave Ferro, with to camping site site.

Return for the same avenue, double to the right for Eva Perón and to the left in Sarmiento. In the intersection with the street Rivadavia is the building of the former Swiss School Argentina, with the Swiss and Argentinean shields in the pillars of its entrance hall door. Continue toward the left for Rivadavia and recapture to the right again the Av. Belgrano.

Rotate for 9 of Julio to the left and crossing the roads. Then, continue to the right for San Martin and, a block later on, to the left for Sacred Stick that takes to the Park Sarmiento in 1,5 km

 

Park Sarmiento

 

It is an important Center of Recreation and Municipal Tourism beside the Carcarañá. It has bungalows,

camping site, dining room, grills, swimming piletas and courts for different sports. It is worthwhile to visit the cemetery beside the park, where the tombs of the first immigrants are. That of the Welsh engineer stands out Tomás Thomas: their granite pedestal shows a biblical psalm, engraving in Castilian, English and Welsh, and it culminates in a terraqueous globe of brass. Thomas that studied the energy possibilities of the Carcarañá, installed the first hydraulic mill on the river.

 

Where to house and to eat

 

On the RN9 there are diverse possibilities to house - included bungalows and campings - and to eat.

 

Continue the Walk for the RN9 and crossing the river Carcarañá, to 51 km from Rosario , the toll hut is, with an inn. Then it will go by the town of Belt , in the km 57, also projected by the railroad. The colonies been founded along the railroad, each one with town and station, you happens each 10 km approximately, with that which each one of them embraced a next surface to the 100 km2.

In the km 73 from Rosario one enters, for street Hipólito Yrigoyen, to Cañada of Gómez

 

Cañada of Gómez

 

When it began their operations the tract from Rosario to Turtles, in 1866, it was also inaugurated the station Cañada of Gómez, called this way in the captain's memory Miguel Gómez, a farmer of the colonial time.

The same as in the previous stations, around this little by little were settling down residents until, in 1869, the Company of Lands of the Argentinean Power station decided to form a colony. The first settled down families were of English origin; later others of Switzerland , France , Germany , Italy and Spain arrived. In 1872 the company put lots of a town projected by the English engineers for sale, identical to all the already been founded on the appearance of the roads.

 

That to know in a visit

 

San Martin begin in the square in front of her he is the church San Pedro, in style Italian neoclassicist and with a slender tower with clock. To the other side of the square, crossing the Boulevard Balcarce, the lands of the railroad and the old Station are (MHP).

Continúe'por Schnack and then for Lavalle to the right that takes pleasant places to take a coffee or a drink in this tract, or to eat something fast. Continue for Spain toward the Boulevard Ocampo, where they are the Cinema Theater Cervantes and the monumental building of Police's Headquarters; in the road it will pass front the Methodist church. When arriving to Moreno , double to the right. In the intersection the one is with Archers Theater Verdi.

 

Theater Verdi

 

Inaugurated February of 1925 for the society Unione and Benevolenza, are perhaps the most imposing building in Cañada of Gómez. It was projected by the engineer Dante Arnaldo Ardigó, originating of the city, in style Italian classic. In their high plant it harbors the Municipal Historical Museum .

 

Where to house and to eat

 

There are two hotels. To eat lunch and to have dinner, a grill is recommended.

Leaving Cañada of Gómez and recapturing the RN9 heading for the north, other towns can be traveled built by the Argentinean Central Railroad, as Armstrong and Turtles. The RN9 communicates the counties of String Faith and of Córdoba. To return to Rosario, redo the same route ( 73 km ).

Viajoporargentina - Información Turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003 - Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723